Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Been a bit crazy lately!

Its been about a month since my last entry.  Continuing to update this blog should have been one of my new years resolutions.

So the month of January almost saw us making a huge decision to move to New Mexico.  I was offered two potential employment opportunities down there.  I can't tell you how excited we were at the possibility of moving to New Mexico.  That is truly one of my favorite states. Unfortunately reality set in pretty quick.  It became quickly apparent that selling or renting our home was not an option.  Doing so would have probably put us in some financial difficulty. Right now we live debt free so for me to up and move my family and create an unnecessary risk would be completely irresponsible. It is what it is.  Let's just hope the housing market makes some what of a comeback so when this comes up again it makes moving possible. Those sunny New Mexico skies will wait for us.

On the training end, I finally set a early season race goal.  I signed up for the Chesapeake Bay Duathlon in Maryland.  Race Day is April 17th.  I'm staying pretty consistent with my training schedule which has been tough to do.  Work has been crazy busy lately.  I haven't worked out at lunch in over a month. Lots of early morning and late evening training lately.  Still have about 5lbs to lose but once I start doing two a days I'll lose that in about two weeks.  One new thing I introduced to my training is Bikram Yoga or as others call it, Hot Yoga.  I fully recommend it.  I think twice a week will improve my flexibility by far.

Well, that's really all I have to say for now. I'm still trying to get into making some video entries, but as you can see I suck at updating.  Normally when I updated my blog its because I've had something brewing in my head that I want to put in writing.  Things have been so crazy lately, day dreaming took a back seat.

I MISS YOU NEW MEXICO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment